Tayock Park & Holiday Homes
Brechin Road
Montrose
DD10 9LE

Tel/Fax 01674 673253

TAYOCK PARK


Tayock Park is situated on the north shore of Montrose Basin, a tidal 2000 acre Nature Reserve. The park is one mile from the centre of Montrose, an historic town dating back to 8000 BC. The town as we know it dates from 1178 and became a flourishing timber port, with whaling and linen industries developing.

 

 


Tayock Park is family run and is attractively laid out with lawns, flowers and shrubs, with paved roadways and street lighting. At Tayock Park there is a blend of Privately Owned Holiday Homes and Residential Park Homes.
 



On site a warm welcome awaits you at reception, where information on local attractions is available. There is a licensed bar on site which is open 2 nights a week for your enjoyment. There are laundry facilities available on site for holiday home owners.

There are excellent transport links; the main London to Aberdeen rail-line stops at Montrose, there is a frequent bus service and taxis are easily available. Road links are good and there are plenty of car parking spaces at the park. Parking is free in all Montrose Car Parks.

LOCAL ATTRACTIONS

Montrose is now essentially a tourist town with many visitor attractions and a wide variety of shops and restaurants. There are two links golf courses alongside the sandy beach and nearby are the championship courses of Carnoustie and St Andrews. River, loch and sea fishing are available locally and there are public bowling greens.

On the south shore of Montrose Basin is the Wildlife Centre where many species of indigenous birds, waders, wildfowl and seabirds can be seen.

Tayock Park is splendidly situated to enjoy the countryside, yet Montrose is only minutes away and the cities of Aberdeen, Perth and Dundee are all within easy reach. 

Balmoral, Braemar, Royal Deeside, Blair Atholl, Glenshee are all within a day's tour. Visit Glamis Castle, where the Queen Mother spent her childhood, also Airlie, the ancestral home of the Ogilvie family. Nearer is the House of Dun, built in 1730 for David Erskine - Lord Dun.